Sacramento is located at the junction of the Sacramento and American rivers at the northern end of the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta in the California central valley. The city is home to the California State Capitol (located just a few blocks from the convention center), and to a wide variety of local attractions related to California state history, art, dining and more.
Points of interest in Sacramento include
- the State Capitol Museum,
- the Crocker Museum of Art,
- historic Old Sacramento,
- Sutter's Fort Historic Park,
- the California State Indian Museum State Historic Park,
- the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament and more.
For more information about things to do and see in Sacramento, Visit Sacramento is a useful reference.
For attendees who wish to extend their stay and see more of the local area, Sacramento is also within a few hours drive of several major attractions including:
- San Francisco and the Bay Area,
- Yosemite National Park,
- Lake Tahoe, and
- the Napa and Sonoma valleys.