Hello All !
The WAO International Program Committee is now accepting abstracts for WAO 2018. We welcome you to submit abstracts for presentations, posters, or software demonstrations for the following topics:
1. HWDB – How we do business (Chair: Glen Johns)
2. Operator Interface to Controls (Chair: Petra Schuett)
3. Involving Operators with machine physics (Chair: Rossano Giachino)
4. Impact of New Technology for Control Room Operations (Chair: Peter Schuh)
5. Training programs: structure, metrics, etc. (Chair: Montse Pont)
6. Operator-made tools and software (Chair: Kazuro Furukawa)
7. Beam Diagnostics – operator tools and techniques (Chair: Brian Freeman)
8. Adapting to change: learning a new machine, cross-training as an operator (Chair: Violeta Toma)
9. Aging machines – dealing with legacy machines, fleeting knowledge (Chair: Jon Bonofiglio)
10. Commissioning: Operator involvement, learning operations from commissioners/physicists (Chair: Dan Johnson)
11. Building a control room (Chair: Michael Bieler)
12. Compact facility operations (Chair: Yoshiyuki Iwata)
13. Operator roles outside of Operations (Chair: Violeta Toma)
14. Machine Optimization (Chair: Montse Pont)
For detailed session descriptions please visit the WAO 2018 website: https://www.bnl.gov/wao18/
Submissions for oral presentations, poster presentations, and software demonstrations can be made through the WAO 2018 website. Submissions should be made before August 20, 2018.
Abstract submission requires an account in BNL’s Indico system; you can login or create a new account at time of submission. Your submission requires include following details:
• Presentation type: Oral, Poster, Demonstration
• Abstract content (not more than 200 words)
• Author(s), Presenter
• Demonstration: Add in the comments field any need for required displays, hardware, etc. to showcase software.
All abstracts must be submitted in English. The IPC will notify contributors in August 2018 regarding acceptance to the Workshop agenda.