The 3D imaging of the nucleon is one of the pillars of the EIC program. Some of the novel tools that the collider era will bring to this research is jet measurements in polarized deep-inelastic scattering and exclusive processes. The potential of jet physics at the EIC has not been fully realized yet and is a fast emerging field of research. The goal of this workshop is to envision the opportunities of EIC jet measurements for studies of 3D hadron structure and to articulate the scientific case for the jet capabilities of the EIC detectors.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Jets for studies of spin, and transverse-momentum-dependent and generalized- parton distributions (TMDs and GPDs)
- Jet observables, advantages and complementarity at the EIC
- Novel jet-substructure observables
- pQCD and effective-field-theory techniques for jets
- 3D and 5D imaging with exclusive jets (GPDs and Wigner functions)
- Connections to Lattice QCD
- Parton-shower developments
- Detector requirements for the EIC
This workshop will be held online via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 991 2862 2944