Rooms: We have changed the meeting rooms so that we have better A/V support for our hybrid attendees:
- 10/31,11/1 Berkner B (Hybrid) - NDAG/CSEWG
- 11/2 Physics Large Conference Room (Hybrid) - CSEWG
- 11/3,11/4 Berkner B (Hybrid) - CSEWG/WANDA
- 11/7-11/8 Virtual - USNDP
- All guests, users, and visitors must check-in at the Guest, User, Visitor Center, Building 400E prior to visiting their department and/or user facility. Check-in hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Guests should make every attempt to arrive during these hours.
- U.S. citizens age 16 and over must bring photo-identification that has been issued by the federal government, such as a passport, or by your state government, such as a current driver’s license or a photo-identification card issued to non-drivers by a state’s motor vehicles department. Please be aware, however, that some states issue driver’s licenses that do not have photographs or that are marked with the statement “cannot be used for identification purposes;” these documents, therefore, cannot be used for photo-identification.
- For our foreign national guests and visitors who previously had an appointment with us and are now naturalized US citizens, congratulations! Please bring your certificate of naturalization or updated passport so we can update your record.
- The following link goes directly to the Guest User & Visitor Center which has all the information, maps, driving directions. Click on “Check-in Procedure” in the “When you arrive” box to find more detailed information: https://www.bnl.gov/guv/
Construction around BNL
- There is major construction around the BNL main entrance while the lab builds the new Science User Support Center. Please drive carefully when entering and leaving the laboratory.
- BNL is renovating the driveway, sidewalks and entrances around Berkner Hall. Please be careful when entering and exiting Berkner and follow all posted signs.
- Currently BNL does not have a functioning cafeteria. This was one unfortunate side-effect of the pandemic. Therefore, we have allotted 2 hours for lunch each day. This should allow you to locate food either on or off campus and return to the meeting in a timely manner.
- On site food options:
- Daily, from 11:30-1:00, a food truck will be available in the parking lot next to Berkner. The food truck changes daily. The trucks serve the entire lab and tend to run out of food.
- Building 400 has a coffee stand and a self-serve food market.
- Off site there are many food options within easy (5-10 min) driving distance from the lab. There are no food options within walking distance. Please talk to BNL staff if you would like recommendations.
- We will have snacks and coffee at the breaks. However without funds or a functioning cafeteria, the meeting organizers will be managing this directly. If you want to help out, please contact Dave Brown, Gustavo Nobre or Alejandro Sonzogni at the meeting.
Suffolk County is currently under Medium COVID transmission rates. Therefore there are no masking or social distancing requirements to participate in Nuclear Data Week in person. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, please DO NOT come to BNL until you have tested negative for COVID-19. Current BNL Guidelines can be found at https://www.bnl.gov/covid19/docs/workplace-safety-and-reentry-plan.pdf
All presentations should be uploaded to the meeting indico site (https://indico.bnl.gov/event/15497/) prior to your presentations. Given the "federated login" issue, most of you will not be able to do this. Therefore you can email your talks to Dave Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gustavo Nobre (email@example.com). We will also have a BNL staff member with a laptop at the meeting to help with talk uploads.
We have 4 RPI students (Peter, Suk, Katelyn and Greg) who will participate as meeting rapporteurs. We will share the Word document with the minutes with the rapporteurs and yourselves Monday.
Unlike past years, we would like to finalize the meeting minutes ASAP. Because of the timing of the ENDF release, we aim to capture and transmit the meeting actions to CSEWG the following week. Therefore, your portions of the meeting minutes must be edited, reviewed and finalized by Friday evening!