We invite you to participate in the second PSQ@EIC (Precision Studies on QCD at EIC; formerly IR2@EIC) meeting, co-hosted by Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) and the Center for Frontiers in Nuclear Science (CFNS). The meeting will take place remotely on July 19-23, 2021. This event follows the first such event, held in March 2021 hosted jointly by Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) and Center for Frontiers in Nuclear Science (CFNS).
We invite you all to participate. The meeting will be online via Zoom, and all registered participants will receive the meeting invite and password via email.
The series of meetings examine the science requiring high luminosity at low to medium center of mass energies (25 to 65 GeV). The goal of these meetings is to motivate the study of high impact science in the context of the overall machine design, EIC operation, and detector performance. This second meeting will focus on science highlights, detector concepts, and science documentation. The topics to be discussed in this meeting include
- The challenge of strong QCD
- Wigner functions, GPDs, TMDs
- Deeply virtual exclusive and semi-inclusive processes
- Quark and gluon 3-D imaging
- Proton angular momentum sum
- Jet production
- Gravitational structure of proton and nuclei
- Mass distribution, forces, and pressure in proton
- Exotic and heavy flavor hadron spectroscopy
- Origin of hadron mass and confinement
- Highlights of science of light ions
- Performance of EIC at the lower center-of-mass energy and luminosity optimization
- Proposed detector solutions
and so on.